## High-level Overview
MoonDAO is composed of three governing bodies:
1. **The MoonDAO Senate.** This is a group of contributors that review incoming Proposals and perform due-diligence before it goes up for vote for the rest of the DAO.
2. **Member House.** This house is composed of all the DAO members. We use off-chain voting on [Snapshot](https://snapshot.org/#/tomoondao.eth).
3. **Executive Branch.** If approved by the DAO, our on-chain smart contract signers execute the proposal from our [Gnosis Treasury](https://gnosis-safe.io/app/eth:0xce4a1E86a5c47CD677338f53DA22A91d85cab2c9/balances).
Please read [our constitution](https://docs.moondao.com/Governance/constitution) for definitions and in-depth detail.
**We are currently in the process of implementing all features of our Constitution on-chain.**
For now, the current governance system for MoonDAO works as follows:
## Proposal Flow
1. Any MoonDAO member may create a proposal. To begin, you create a post in the “ideation” forum, and get feedback on your initial proposal from community members. Currently, we accept two proposal types: Project Proposals, and Guild Proposals. You may find proposal templates in the [project system](https://docs.moondao.com/projects) and [guild system](https://docs.moondao.com/guilds).
2. Once a proposal is ready to submit, a MoonDAO Delegate (anyone with 250,000 vMOONEY) may submit the proposal to the MoonDAO Senate on your behalf.
3. The Senate will do a due-diligence on the proposal, if the proposal receives more than 70% approval it moves to all the vMOONEY holders. Seats on the senate can not be bought, the Senate is composed of people that are leading MoonDAO projects.
4. The vMOONEY holders vote on the proposal, if more than 70% agree it goes to the on-chain treasury for signing.
5. The Treasury signers execute the proposal’s on-chain components (sending funds, or implementing an on-chain update to the DAO’s functions).
## Senate Meetings
The [[Senate]] meets on a weekly basis to review incoming proposals, please check the calendar on the [MoonDAO Discord server](MoonDAO%20Discord%20server.md) for timing of the meeting. Senate meetings are a forum for the Senate to ask deeper questions about a proposal and conduct due-diligence about the submission.
Proposals must be posted at least 3 days in advance of Senate meetings to give time for the Senate to leave comments on the proposal. After the meeting, the Senate will vote on whether the proposal is ready and appropriate to be presented to the MoonDAO members.
## Proposal Timing
> If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together.
We are trying to optimize the speed that our DAO moves without sacrificing on quality of decision-making or decentralization. From the time of proposal submission, please expect at least one to two weeks until the funds are sent from our treasury.
General timing expectations:
1. Submission to the Senate three days before meeting time.
2. vMOONEY Member House five day voting period.
4. On-chain execution within five days, ideally less.
Therefore, please allow anywhere from 10-15 days before a proposal goes through.