## Github description
> Add the icing to your structured data!
Glazed is a library that makes it easy to output structured data.
When programming, we have a rich understanding of the data we are working with,
yet when we output it to the user, we are forced to use a flat, unstructured format.
It tries to implement some of the ideas listed in
[14 great tips to make amazing command line applications](https://dev.to/wesen/14-great-tips-to-make-amazing-cli-applications-3gp3).
It is in early alpha, and will change. Contributions are welcome,
but this project is going to be an experimental playground for a while,
while I try to figure out what is possible and worth tackling.
![Command line recording of the functionality described in "Features"](https://imgur.com/ZEtdLes.gif)
## See also
- [[TALK - GPN21 - GO GO GOLEMS TALK]]
- [[TALK - 2023-07-25 - BOSTON GO - GO GO GOLEMS TALK]]
- [[BLOG - 2023-03-13 - I want my software to be visionary]]
#### Adding plugins
It would be cool to allow glazed middlewares to be loaded as plugins. What a plugin exactly is is unclear, I could picture it be:
- a CLI tool that transform json in to json out
- a go plugin that can be loaded, but that seems a bit tricky-ish
- a GRPC/REST kind of server? That could fit in well with other features like [[IDEA - GO GO GOLEMS - 2023-08-06 - Expose remote CLI commands]]