# for Vim users
This site is for all information valuable to users familiar with vim, that want to use Obsidian's vim mode.
- You can enable Obsidian's vim mode in the settings under `Editor – Advanced – Vim key bindings`.
- Obsidian uses the [vim emulation from the CodeMirror Editor](https://github.com/replit/codemirror-vim), which does not include all vim commands, but most of them.
- It is recommended to use the [vimrc Support Plugin](https://obsidian.md/plugins?id=obsidian-vimrc-support) to be able use an obsidian-specific `.vimrc` file.
- see [[Vim-related Plugins]] for a (non-complete) collection of plugins for using Vim in Obsidian.
## Example vimrcs
- [obsidian.vimrc and usage infos](https://bauer.codes/notes/Obsidian#Obsidian+vim+window+controls) by pmbauer
- [obsidian.vimrc](https://github.com/chrisgrieser/dotfiles/blob/main/Obsidian%20vim/obsidian.vimrc) by [[chrisgrieser|pseudometa]]
%% Hub footer: Please don't edit anything below this line %%
# This note in GitHub
<span class="git-footer">[Edit In GitHub](https://github.dev/obsidian-community/obsidian-hub/blob/main/04%20-%20Guides%2C%20Workflows%2C%20%26%20Courses/for%20Vim%20users.md "git-hub-edit-note") | [Copy this note](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/obsidian-community/obsidian-hub/main/04%20-%20Guides%2C%20Workflows%2C%20%26%20Courses/for%20Vim%20users.md "git-hub-copy-note") | [Download this vault](https://github.com/obsidian-community/obsidian-hub/archive/refs/heads/main.zip "git-hub-download-vault") </span>